Cottage Foodie Diet Recipes

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free, no butter, flour or oil)

February 17, 2015

I have about 5 cookies recipes that I make each year, and this one is hands-down my favorite (my kids love my Marble Bark, which I will write about later). These cookies pack a punch when it comes to flavor, and the cook up big and lovely, despite the fact that they are gluten-free, contain no butter, flour or oil!

You could almost call these cookies “healthy”! And they are delicious and so easy to make.

They come out of the oven chewy and plump, moist and just a little crisp around the edges – exactly what you want in a cookie.

They can be made vegetarian by replacing the eggs with any number of options, to include bananas, tofu, or egg replacer.  If you are interested in the many ways there are for replacing eggs in your baking, visit this site.  It is a wealth of knowledge for all the wanna-be vegetarians and vegans out there.  I highly recommend it.

So let’s get baking.  These literally took me 30 minutes from start to finish.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

(no butter, no flour)

one cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (I used chunky)*

2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

2 large eggs

2/3 cup rolled gluten free oats (or regular if you like gluten)

1 teaspoon baking soda

2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet mini morsels)

*do not use “natural” peanut butter.  It will change the consistency of the cookie.

Preheat over to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.

In a large bowl beat peanut butter, brown sugar eggs and vanilla with a large spoon until smooth.

Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.

Use a teaspoon to drop dough into two inch balls on your cookie sheet lined with a silpat.

Bake for 9-11 minutes and remove when the edges are barely brown.  The cookies may look underdone but they will continue to cook while cooling.  Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Makes about 15-20 cookies.

Enjoy.

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply NanaDiana February 17, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Those sound so good! You are right about not using natural peanut butter when making recipes…it definitely changes the texture and even the cook time. xo Diana

• Reply Junkchiccottage February 18, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Yum Gay and I Love that these are healthy. Have a great day. Thanks for sharing this yummo recipe with us.
    Kris

• Reply Burlap Luxe February 21, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Always keeping it healthy over at our home…. Going to try these cookies out and I will let you know how they were loved.
    I am visiting you by way of Kris and your spotlight feature, very beautifully said and felt right off we had a lot in common.

I am so going to enjoy visiting you, I have been blogging a bit over 5 years and have yet tire of it, always finding beautiful bloggers that open the gates to new things.

Thank you Gay, for adding grace and beauty to blogging…a beautiful weekend and all it I spires from you.

Xx
    Bisous

Doré

• Reply Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary February 22, 2015 at 12:17 am

I am so happy to meet you Gay. Very interesting blog at Kris's.
    Love the cookies recipe. I really watch my carbs. and try to eat very healthy.
    I am your newest follower and look forward to reading your posts. I also love Romantic Homes and have had it since it started and I do hate to give any of them away. LOL
    Mary

• Reply Debby February 22, 2015 at 2:58 am

I'm here by way of Kris' blog. You have a beautiful blog.

• Reply Judy at GoldCountryCottage February 22, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Hi Gay, those cookies look wonderful and so did the salad you shared at Junk Chic Cottage..Your photos are so pretty..Happy Weekend..Judy

• Reply Anne's Attic - Design February 23, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I just saw your pictures in Romantic Homes. Love them! Have a great day! Jo

• Reply Seawashed Living March 12, 2015 at 4:21 am

These look nice and easy. But I thought that oats are gluten free? I am a semi- vegetarian and do eat gluten so I will use regular oats.

• Reply Nourish Bowls for the Soul – My Blog April 26, 2016 at 2:46 pm